WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

BitterSweet

It is truly amazing how life can be so bittersweet. Let me give you some examples. About 15 months ago my friend of 15 years and fiancĂ© of 2 years broke up with me/cheated on me. Then 2-3 weeks later a mutual church friend set me up with a guy named Brian. The day after Thanksgiving we went on a day trip to do some sight seeing. He proposed to me that day! Less than 12 hours later my Grandfather passed away (my Mom’s Father). Brian and I are getting married in 6 days! Unfortunately my other Grandfather passed away this morning. It has been during these times that I have tried hard to focus on the positive things happening in my life. It does not mean there is no suffering/crying. I was reminded though in an email today that my Grandfather would want me to be happy and move on having fun with the wedding. There is a scripture in the bible that I have remembered since I was pregnant. Sorry I don’t remember the verse. ‘Blessed are all they who mourn for they shall be comforted’.

Keeping with my theme. The baby that I placed for adoption is having a special birthday in a few hours. I am very excited about it. I know I will be thinking about him and his family all day. There may be some tears but mainly happy tears and smiles. There are so many emotions going on right now. There is something I have learned over the years of being a birth mom. So much of the emotional part of placing him was dealing with the mental. Talking, journaling, listening to others experiences, pay it forward, and tell yourself that you are so loved. Tonight I read my journal. I just read some of the last month of my pregnancy. That was a lot actually. I wrote every night and sometimes it was pages long. It started to become too much for me emotionally this year. I think because of my Grandfather’s passing today. I do have a lot to look forward to this week and I will celebrate this special birthday tomorrow. I always encourage you all to journal. There will be days of inspirational journal reading.

Happy Independence Day to you all. I hope loved ones surround you!









This post was done by April Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.