WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Give it to the Lord

I have been having a hard time with some things lately and have had a hard time figuring out how to deal with all of it. My husband and I had a very long conversation about our challenges and what we were going to do and how we were going to get through. I wanted to share with you some of my thoughts and struggles and some of my challenges for myself and the Lord to get through some of these times.

"This is for everyone who has ever stood alone on a hill in a storm"

Do you ever have things that shake your testimony or your beliefs? As we go through our lives doing our daily activities we sometimes get distracted and forget where our blessings come from..we forget to give credit where credit is due....and then something comes along that tempts up, makes us angry, shakes our belief system...and we become angry with God....Satan begins to whisper lies into our hearts....we ignore our truth teller and we begin to murmur against ourselves, our spouses, our children, friends or family.......We are left confused, hurt, sad, angry and frustrated.

I have been going through some struggles...I am not sure where they are all coming from...but they are real and have been weighing on my very heavily....my husband and I are trying so hard to make ends meet, to do everything right, to live the life that we can be proud of and we have nothing...we are broke....we are giving every extra penny that we have to Blessings in a Basket, we never see each other, Tyler is exhausting, my cancer is wearing on me and making it very hard to get through my days, dealing with John's family responsibilities is mentally and emotionally draining......life is hard and very challenging...I came across a great quote that got me thinking about my life and why things are so hard right now...I know we all go through phases...and some times are harder than the others.....but it is how we get through that defines us....


"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." Lena Horne


It comes down to our attitude and what we are willing to do to make the changes within. The loads that I carry totally stress me out...it is not the items themselves...I love my daughter, my family, my husband, our temporal items etc but all of those things can add stress to my life and I carry them in a way that is damaging to me and those around me....I don't give them to the Lord and let him help to carry my burden...


We are told in the scriptures that if we have doubt...if we are struggling that we should give it to the Lord...we are being told to CALL HIM OUT!!!...to challenge him....to see if he will truly keep his promises and if he is the Lord that he proclaims to be....


My husband and I have decided that instead of turning our backs...instead of getting angry and letting Satan and the lies destroy our beliefs that we are going to GIVE IT TO THE LORD...that we are going to challenge him...if we give freely to him, if we live as instruments in his hands...WILL HE COME THROUGH with the promises that he has made to us.....


So here we go: Glenn Beck Challenge We have decided to take on the challenge from Glenn Beck. This challenge includes living by Faith, Hope and Charity along with knowing our Lord and having Faith that he will come through for us as we strive to live his work...


I am working on changing my life, the way I live it, the people that are involved, the love that I give etc. I challenge all of you to live the life that the Lord has designed for us...to find our purpose here as an instrument and live it to the fullest...

I hope you will join us on our journey....keep me posted always on your journey and your accomplishments....let me know how this challenge is working for you!!!

I love you all and pray for you daily...these are the days to stand for truth and righteousness.

2 comments:

  1. May you be blessed! I know the Lord has plans for you. He promises it. This is a time of sacrifice. keep calling to him.
    Phillane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow is the year anniversary of this post and the day after my birthday, I am just curious of how your life has changed since you wrote this.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.