WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Friday, November 19, 2010

What Do YOU See...Part 2

We had so many women respond to our post that we had to add a part 2. If you missed the previous post..click HERE...

To birth moms and ALL women:

I have worked in the fitness industry as a professional for almost 8 years. I have seen and dealt with every different kind of body that you can imagine...I've seen it all - the big, fat, small, skinny, short, tall, strong, weak, and everything in between. I've worked intimately with teenage women, women in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's. I've worked with college athletes, to women who have never worked out in their entire lives. I've worked with pre-natal women, and post-pardem women. I've worked with celebrities, and I've worked with secretaries. The one thing that I have found in common with EVERY SINGLE women I've worked with is this: There is nothing more beautiful than a healthy women. The biggest frustration I have is that women have a hard time understanding that same concept. I think it's easy to get caught up in "being our own worst critic" and finding faults in ourselves or even finding ways to put ourselves down...but if women, of all types, would take a few moments and step outside of their own skin and see themselves from the outside looking in, and not the inside looking out, I think you would all be surprised at what you see.
In the fitness training I've done over the years, I've found that 90 percent of the support and service I offer is emotional and the rest of it is mental and physical. I've come to recognize the importance of a solid foundation, a source of inner strength, a positive support system, and a desire to make the necessary changes. It's almost impossible to move forward with any success if you don't have those things in place. You don't have to be Tony Robbins, and you don't have to be a millionaire to have these principles in place. Your foundation may be your spouse, or your mother, or your job. Your inner strength may come from your religion, or your relationship to nature, or Blessings in a Basket. Your positive support system may be your neighbor, or your sister. There are so many ways in which we can find strength. Once you have an understanding of these things, then put your desire into practice and your life will begin to change.
Whether you've given your baby up for adoption and allowed another women to be a mother, or you are a mother yourself - there is not a more important calling in life. I can't wrap my mind around the amount of love and sacrifice that goes into either scenerio. I am grateful for all the mothers I know in my life and I am grateful for all the women in the world that have allowed those who physically cannot bear children to be mothers themselves. I truly cannot think of anything more important in this world than being a mother.
A few pieces of advice:
1 - Get to know your body. Understand it. Feel it. Learn how it works, know what makes it tick. Understand your genetics. Where did your body come from? Who did it come from? Watch it closely. Get intimate with it. Recognize changes.What effects it the most?
2 - Once you really know your body - know your limitations. Oprah will never look like Halle Berry. No matter how much weight she loses. They physically do not have the same body type and never will....ever! If you are big boned, you'll never be small boned. If you are naturally skinny, you'll never get huge. If you have a small bust, it's not getting bigger naturally. If you have wide hips, they're not going to get smaller. Understand your limitations, accept them for what they are, and deal with them appropriately.
3 - Train your body according to your body. Going back to number two - if you don't know how to train your body, ask for help. Hire a trainer. Study. Do some research. See your doctor and get professional advice.
4 - The more specific you are with your exercise and diet the greater results you'll have. Go to the gym with a PURPOSE! Don't just go to the gym to tell people you went to the gym. It's better to have a 20 minute focused workout than a 45 minute walk through! Commit! Commit! Commit!
If you are healthy you are beautiful. It's not about being skinny, or tall, or thin or short...it's about being healthy! Work on your health and see the beauty in you - it will make all the difference in the world!


This was posted by Todd Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.