WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Be Still


As I sit here thinking about my life I am tired. I love my life, I have been through some things and seen some things that people never see in ten life times. I don't know if that makes me lucky or stupid, maybe a little bit of both. Emotional stress can take a lot out of a person. I find it hard sometimes to get a grip on the things around me...I get so overwhelmed. I was driving in my car the other day and a Tim McGraw song came on over the radio....I had tears streaming down my face....I love music for that...nothing can touch your soul like music can, nothing triggers memories, pain, happiness, love like a song. The chorus REALLY hit me and I just had to write about it....

"When the road gets crazy And tries to break me And I've had all I can stand I can close my eyes no matter where I am And just be still"

BE STILL....we are in such a damn hurry all the time, we are so worked up and running from place to place, we get ourselves so stressed and overwhelmed and I understand that there are things to do....but you have to stop, breathe, listen, ponder, reflect, admire what it is that you are doing, who it is that you have become, where it is that you are going! Satan isn't going to stop...he doesn't take a day off, he doesn't think...oh, I am going to lay off Ashley because she is having a bad day...he is going to play on that...he finds strength in that...so when we are broken down and we can't stand, where do we get our strength...who do we listen to? I can promise that if we can't BE STILL every once in awhile then we wont hear it....so right this second...stop what you are doing...don't think, turn off the radio, the tv, the dishwasher, the cell phone...AND..........

.....................................................................................................................................................................

....................................................B E S T I L L ........................................................................................

................................................... Find somewhere that you can stand, sit, kneel...and be still.............

.............................................................................................

Listen for it, that strength that drives you, the reason that you get out of bed every day and take a second to breathe that in.


I encourage you today...as you are stressing about pregnancy, bills, boyfriends, husbands, dirty dishes, crying babies, counselor sessions, cancer, car trouble...LIFE...as you are stressing about life I encourage you to find a place that you can close your eyes and be still...listen, feel, love, laugh...take a second to recognize your inner strength...whatever that may be for you...give thanks, give recognition, give praise.....give 5 seconds.....just BE STILL.....

Life will still be waiting for you when you open your eyes...but it is a hell of a lot harder to get through the day without taking that 5 seconds to place focus on what is most important...and I can promise that it is NOT the dirty dishes, or the bills, or the car trouble....it isn't even about you.....

I love you all and close my eyes and am "still" for you every day!!! I know where my inner strength comes from and who gives it to me freely....

God Bless you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.