WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day.

I know that saying the word "father" can be like screaming "fire" in a crowded theatre. I want to be bold and wish all the Fathers out there a Happy Father's Day. What can I say about a father. Obviously some of us do NOT have any patience or love for fathers. Many of us would not be making the decision to place our child for adoption if the "father" would do his job, but still we must show love and appreciation. We are not going to focus on birth fathers today....we are focusing on adoptive fathers!!

The adoptive father kind of gets forgotten during the process. I want to tell you about my experience when picking my family to adopt my son. I was given about 50 profile pages. The thought process of picking a family from a simple scrapbook page is a whole different story all together, but that is the process. I had narrowed it down to two different families. One was a sweet young couple, newly weds and no children. My other option was a family of four, a mother and father, a biological daughter and an adopted daughter. I was back and forth for several days...there were many pros and cons for both families. There were two final deciding factors for why I picked the family that I did...one was that they had already adopted a child and so I felt that Derek wouldn't feel so "different" and second, was so that the father would have a son.
I wanted Derek to grow up and have an incredible father-son relationship. I watched my brothers grow up with my father and I knew that I wanted that for my son.

So, with all of our anger for the "father" let us give praise and love to the adoptive fathers that stepped up to do the job that so many wont....

To the adoptive father that welcomed my son into his home....I love you and am so glad that Derek will have such an incredible man to look up to as he grows up.
To my own father, I love you and appreciate the support that you have always shown me, you were there to literally carry me out of the hospital when I couldn't walk...You are my hero!

Happy Fathers Day to those that are true FATHERS! I pray that we had examples to watch and become more like.



xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.