WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Monday, October 3, 2011

New Race Director

We are so excited to introduce to you our NEW Race Director for our Big Tough Girl 5K Charity Run.  It is going to be so amazing and we could not do it without her.



Race Director, Nicki Darrow Rose


Mom of four - three teengers and the youngest eight years old. Raised in So Cal., I spent my time on the sand collecting shells and sand dollars after a good storm. Through high school I would ditch to hang near the ocean and take in the salty air when I could. I made it a priority to have fun no matter what. I can't remember a time growing up when I wasn't near the ocean or a pool whether it be having races on a raft in the pool or deciding to ride the waves of the ocean to the shore or dive under them. My love for the outdoors grew with age. I began to appreciate the beauty that stands all around us through oceans calm yet breezy with barnacles in the tides and cities covered in Palm Trees; mountains in all seasons: snow capped in the winters with the sun peaking thru just the right amount of clouds; the cold air you take "IN" on a brisk fall morning; admiring the dark clear sky full of stars. These things are missed by most, but I take that time of the day for me to gain insight, sanity, and reality. This has brought attention to my soul and my soles! My interest in running started thirteen years ago because walking became boring. Challenging myself to make it more exciting is what I wanted, though not a fan of the sport. The struggle of a commitment was harder than the actual foot to asphalt. Raising small kids I needed time for me to have the sanity I needed to make it through each day. For many years it was "alone time" that got me out of the house, but it wasn't a feeling of fulfillment for myself. I came to realize I needed something more to become stronger, healthier and to experience something different. Getting involved where I could learn more about the sport and sign up for races was my approach. I'm not a competitor, never had that in me - very uncoordinated actually. Running was against me - and only me! No matter the slack I got from family about how it impacts the body, they will never understand how it impacts the soul. Runner to a runner, it becomes what you want it to be.

"Do what you Like, Like what you do."

If you have any questions about the race please email us at: btgk5@blessingsinabasket.org

More details coming soon so don't RUN AWAY!  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.