WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Choose Faith!

The hardest question that birth moms will ask me as they are struggling to recover is "How do you get through these horrible, sad, depressing, unmotivated, heartbreaking days? How do you know that it is going to get better, that you are going to survive?"

There is only one thing that I can tell them, only one thing that got me through my horrible, sad, depressing, unmotivated and heartbreaking days and nights...and it is this...

FAITH

"Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism."

We have to choose FAITH. I can't give you all the answers and I can't make you promises...all I can do is tell you to have Faith! No matter what....FAITH. Faith in yourself, faith in the decisions that you made, faith in your support groups...

What is FAITH???
Webster states faith as the following:

____________________________________________________________________

1faith-noun

Definition of FAITH

1
a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2
a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion

____________________________________________________________________

Allegiance to a duty or a person...well if you are a birth mom than both of those definitions apply.
I am going to tell you what Faith means to me. I am a dreamer. I function better when I can't see or touch things, I function when the things that I want are created in my head, my heart, my soul. Faith to me is what I can't see.....but what I can believe in, create and get excited for.....

I would have NEVER made it through the adoption process without the faith that I had something waiting for me, a greater purpose....and I held on to that belief "knuckle-white tight".

Every day I choose Faith!!! It is so much better than the alternative....I have to believe that there is something better waiting for me...I have to believe that we can make it through these times, these dark days and nights....that there is a purpose to get out of bed in the morning....that when I am on my knees that I will get some comfort and guidance...that we are not here by chance....that I am making the right decisions every day....

Dear Birth Moms,
Choose Faith!!!
"Choose faith over doubt, choose faith over fear, choose faith over the unknown and the unseen, and choose faith over pessimism."

If you think about it....is there really any other choice??

I have faith in all of you, that you will survive...because I did and because you HAVE to!!!!

We love you all so much....have faith in us.....we are here for you.....should you need us.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.