WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Friday, December 2, 2011

BTG Support Groups and Ask April!



We are so excited to launch our new Big Tough Girl Support group and blog that will be taking off on January 1st!  BIB has a new on staff Social Worker-April Morgan McCoy and we have developed an "Ask April" column along with support groups available in person {more locations coming} or online!!  Let me introduce you to April:

Hello all. My name is April Morgan McCoy. I graduated from Arizona State University with a degree in Social Work. I was inducted into Phi Alpha National Honors Society (Honors society for social workers). I also graduated Magna Cum Laude! It was an honor to wear the honors cord and a big medallion at graduation. My senior year I did an internship at a crisis center. I helped with support groups for children that had anger management and/or mental health issues. I also spent some time observing the adoption/foster care training classes. (PS-MAPP)


I got pregnant when I was 18 years old. I made the difficult decision to place my baby for adoption. I was 19 when I gave birth to "J". 12 years ago when I placed adoptions (at least where I placed him) were not open. My experience may be quite different but everyone has a different experience in some aspects. I have had many opportunities to witness all sides of adoption.


As BIB's on staff Social Worker I want you to know that I am here to answer your questions, listen, and support you. I will not judge anyone for any reason. If you have a question and I do not have the answer, I will get the answer. We will talk monthly through my column, Ask April, and privately through the Ask April Discussion Room. I am excited to get to know you!

So how does ASK APRIL work?


1. Email "Ask April" at btgsupport@blessingsinabasket.org with a question or comment about ANY topic related to your life as a birth mom. When we say ANY topic we mean ANY topic. We want this to be a place that you can talk about physical, sexual, spiritual, emotional or mental issues that you face as a birth mom....what would you want to talk to a Social Worker about??? Talk to April! She will then take the questions and write a few articles a month discussing your topic, answering questions and creating open discussion!
{her first column will go up January 1st so email your questions NOW so she can get to work!!}

2. For more of a private discussion with April, you can login to our discussion room and join the ASK APRIL conversation. She will be joining the group a few days a week to talk in the private chat room about anything and everything. You can find the ASK APRIL Discussion Room HERE.

{remember you have to set up a profile before you can login...this is a totally private place for birth moms around the country}.

It is really easy to get to the discussion room:

a-login

b-click on general information

c-join any topic that looks interesting to you or start your own

It is that easy! See you there!!!

More details on group coming February 1st! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.