WE HAVE MOVED!!! We are getting a whole new look and have a new blog...it isn't pretty yet but it will be!! This blog will no longer be in use starting June 1, 2012. Come on over to
www.bigtoughgirl.blogspot.com

See you there!!!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Board Of Directors

Founder, Chairman
Ashley Mitchell has been on a journey to find herself throughout her entire life, maybe just maybe she has figured it out. Ashley is currently married to her saving Grace, and is absolutely in love with her beautiful daughter Tyler Ann. She is finding herself enjoying the "stay at home mom" life and is totally focused on her family and organization. Her life revolves around her family, including parents, siblings, grandmother and so many others. Her goal of "no empty chairs in heaven" has become a way of life and her Eternal Family will come no matter what the sacrifice.

Ashley's life hasn't always been the dream that is now within arms reach. She has survived more than one tragic and devastating divorce, lived with her struggles of alcohol, battles through her Bi-Polar disorder, has fought the evil temptations of the world with and without the spirit of the Lord with her, is fighting the scary battle of cervical cancer and has lived through the emotional challenge of finding herself pregnant and surviving the adoption process.

She is now a self-proclaimed "Big Tough Girl" in the face of great adversity.

Ashley has passion for adoption and for all the brave women that choose that path. She is currently writing her book and dreams to share her story with the world, in hopes of inspiring and offering comfort to those that have walked in her shoes or those that find themselves at a crossroad.



Creative Director, Production-Board Vice Chairman
Todd Mitchell was born and raised in Orem, Utah. He developed a love for sports at an early age where he participated in just about every sport possible. He went on to become an outstanding high school athlete winning state championships in each of the three sports he played: Football, wrestling and baseball. He was a varsity letter in all three, an All-State Baseball player and an All-American wrestler. Todd is the second oldest of four children. He served a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints at the age of 19 in Pusan, South Korea.

He continued to pursue athletics at the college level where he played two years at Utah Valley Community College and two more years at Southern Utah University where he holds the single season home run record at 18 and second on the all-time home run record list with 29. He also earned his BS degree in communications with an emphasis in Public Relations and Broadcasting.

After finishing baseball and graduating from college Todd spent a few years trying to decide on what he wanted to do for a living and finally made up his mind and moved to Hollywood, CA to become a movie star. In his 8 years in Hollywood, Todd has starred in several commercials, with roles on primetime, daytime and cable television. He's walked the catwalk as a model and been the face of Nike, Adidas, KSWISS, New Balance, Target, Kodak, Ecco Shoes, and has appeared in popular magazines such as Italian Vogue, Vanity Fair, Men's Fitness and has his own cover of Men's Health!

He married the woman of his dreams - Jacque Gray Mitchell - and recently celebrated the birth of their first son - Brody Jacob Mitchell. They bought a home together in Tarzana, CA and he continues to pursue his dream.
Todd owns his own corporation - Trophy, INC. - which is sports and entertainment company based in Los Angeles. His intentions are to expand his dream as a movie star and become not just an actor, but a producer as well. He has a passion for sports and would love to produce sports movies based on true stories. While in pursuit of his dreams he works as a personal fitness trainer and the onset fitness consultant for NIKE, Adidas, and Men's Health. His vast knowledge and experience as an athlete have served him well in the fitness world of print and production in Hollywood.

His passion for BIB comes from his love for being a parent and believes in doing what is very best for your children, regardless of the circumstances, in providing the best quality of life. He fully understands the sacrifice that is required to be a parent and is excited about the opportunity to be a part of people's lives that are not only becoming new parents, but helping those that are making the ultimate sacrifice in giving up their child for a better life, to get back on their feet and gain the strength and courage to making a better life for themselves as well!




Public Relations-Board Secretary
Angie Houston lives in Mesa, Arizona with her husband of 10 years Trevor and her 4 beautiful children; Devyn-8, Mitchell-7, Boe-5, and Rylie-3. As a family they enjoy camping, going to the lake, road trips to visit family and hanging together at the house. Besides doing the family stuff Angie enjoys running, traveling, serving the youth and women in her church callings, reading and watching a good movie. Life as a mother to 4 young children keeps Angie busy and feeling young. She is so blessed to stay at home and be with her children. Watching them learn, grow and play is a great reward in Angie's life.

Angie claims that "being a mom is absolutely way harder than I ever thought it would be. I am the one who needs to take care of them. Physically, mentally, socially and spiritually I am responsible."

Angie knows how hard it is to love those sweet, innocent children everyday of their lives and that is why she is so excited to be a part of Blessings in a Basket. Angie could not imagine her life without her children and couldn't imagine anything harder than to give them up, and miss out on the opportunity to be a mother.

"I think the women who make that sacrifice are very brave, in hopes to provide a better life for that child."




Public Relations-Web Management
My name is Becky Tanner. I have been blessed with so many things in my life. I have a wonderful husband Todd we will celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary this December. Hard to believe we have been married that long. We were blessed with three wonderful sons Brock 20, Mitchell 13 and Wyatt 9. They have given me so much joy in my life, taught me so many things, and helped make me the person that I am today. I also, have wonderful parents that offer so much support to me in my life. I have a wonderful extended family. I love all them. I love when we talk them into going with us to the beach in Mexico. I also love when I can go visit them in Utah and enjoy the beauty of the mountains. I find much peace and comfort in the mountains. Another great blessing in my life has been my service in my church and working with the youth group. I have spent many years working with young women from the ages of 12 – 18. This has been a wonderful experience for me to share in their lives as I have no daughters of my own. They are all so amazing and beautiful with so much ahead of them.

I love being a mother and cherish my children. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mother and stay home with them. I know that we don’t all have to give birth to a child to be a mother to them. I have many women in my life that have been wonderful examples to me. I also have many nieces and girls that I have developed great relationships with.


In the past when I thought of adoption I thought of the joy of having a new member added to a family. Now I think of the love a mother has as she wants what’s best for her child. I think of how painful it will be for her to give that child to the new family. I think of how much she loves her child and wants a life that she’s not able to provide at this time. I love what Blessings in a Basket is all about. It’s about love and support. It’s about the birth mother. As I worked with the birth mother for our first basket, I have felt the love that this young mother has for her unborn child. I have spent many hours with her talking and crying. I love that I was given the opportunity to share in this experience with her. What a beautiful young woman she is.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed By Aqua Poppy Designs for Blessings In a Basket .
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.